December 30, 2004Arrests
* Roland Lamar West Jr., 40, 325 Swimming Pool Rd., Hampton, was arrested Tuesday evening by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Ivan Sluder on a charge of assault under domestic violence.
* Kevin Jason White, 30, 496 Dye Leaf Rd., Butler, was arrested Tuesday night by CCSD Deputy Donald White on a capias for failure to appear in court.
* Lisa Ann Brown White, 32, 125 Arrow Dr., was arrested Tuesday morning by CCSD Deputy Johnny Miller on a capias charging her with attempted introduction of contraband into a penal facility. She is scheduled to appear in Criminal Court on Feb. 14.
* Eddie Sherrill Jones, 57, 320 Dayton Jones Rd., Elk Park, N.C., was arrested Tuesday afternoon by CCSD Sgt. L.C. Tester on a charge of violation of probation and an attachment for contempt of court.
* Roderick Colbaugh, 38, 216 Lacey Hollow Rd., was arrested Tuesday night by Elizabethton Police Department Sgt. Matt Bailey on charges of theft, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a Schedule II drug violation.
* Monte Nidiffer, 38, 167 Southgate Dr., was arrested Tuesday night by EPD Sgt. Matt Bailey on charges of theft, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a Schedule II drug violation.
* Lisa Nidiffer, 34, 417 Floyd Hollow Rd., Piney Flats, was arrested Tuesday night by EPD Sgt. Matt Bailey on a warrant issued from Sullivan County charging her with violation of probation.
* CCSD Deputy Doug Combs was dispatched to East Tennessee Homes on Lovers Lane on Tuesday morning in reference to a theft. On arrival, Combs spoke with Freddie Hawk, who stated that sometime over the Christmas holiday weekend unknown person(s) had entered two mobile homes and stolen several items including a microwave oven, a coffee maker and a space heater. The items reported stolen were valued at $800.
* EPD Ptl. Tonya Range responded to 213 West H Street on Tuesday morning in reference to a theft. She met with Paul May, who advised three tires and rims were stolen from his 2003 Ford van that was parked in the driveway of his residence during the night. One tire and rim were located beneath a nearby shrub according to the report. The total damage and loss of property was estimated at $3,000.
* CCSD Deputy Doug Combs was dispatched to a business on State Route 67 in reference to a burglary. Combs spoke with Johnny Grindstaff, who advised sometime between 8 p.m. Monday and 3 p.m. Tuesday someone had cut the locks off the back door of his fireworks business and taken various fireworks. The items reported stolen were valued at $2,500. Grindstaff reported the suspect(s) had left a trail of fireworks to an area of weeds where a vehicle may have been parked.
* CCSD Deputy Sarah Ryan responded to 1522 Southside Rd. on Tuesday evening in reference to a residential burglary. Ryan spoke with Robert W. Whitehead, who advised all residents of the home left Tuesday at 11:15 a.m. and returned at 4:30 p.m. to find the home had been entered by intruders and items stolen. Whitehead reported two watches, a .22-caliber rifle, and over $1,000 in cash had been taken from the home. Another resident of the home, Michael Whitehead, reported personal items missing including a VCR, a ring, baseball cards valued at $1,000 and two hunting knives.
* CCSD Deputy Doug Combs responded Tuesday morning to several incidents of mailboxes being vandalized along Cripple Creek Loop. Charles Teter, 257 Cripple Creek Loop, and Ashley Dugger, 115 Cripple Creek Loop, reported their mailboxes had been vandalized. Combs reported observing vandalism to several other mailboxes along the road. He stated residents he contacted advised him that the vandalism had occurred previously and that they had already filed reports. The damage was estimated at $300.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|