January 15, 2004
* Earnest Miller, 29, 424 Blue Springs Rd., was arrested Tuesday
by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Eric Buck and charged
with public intoxication. He is scheduled to appear in General
Sessions Court on Friday.
* Jerome Heath Ball, 25, 109 Kelly Lane, Kingsport, was arrested
Wednesday morning by CCSD Lt. Rocky Croy and charged with leaving
a scene with property damage and two counts of property damage.
He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on Jan.
* Randy Dean Gentry, 36, 413 Jenkins Hollow Rd., was arrested
Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Eric Buck and charged with violation
* Terry Lee Estep, 20, 123 Stines Rd., was arrested Tuesday
by CCSD Deputy Charlotte Walker on a capias for failure to appear
on charges of driving on a suspended license.
* Jamie Allen Griffey, 28, 1600 Scenic Dr., was arrested Tuesday
by CCSD Deputy Dean Jones on a warrant out of Criminal Court
for aggravated burglary and theft over $500.
* Christopher John Efferick, 26, 167 Bear Hollow Rd., Watauga,
was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Dean Jones on a capias out
of Criminal Court for failure to appear on aggravated assault
charges; a capias out of Criminal Court for failure to appear;
a capias out of General Sessions Court for failure to appear
on assault charges, and a capias out of General Sessions Court
for failure to appear on assault D/V.
* Renee Elizabeth Mach, 34, 362 Garland Branch Rd., Watauga,
was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Kevin Cable and charged
with violation of probation.
* Danny Ralph Troutman, 43, 138 Earl Ave., was arrested Tuesday
by CCSD Deputy Bradley N. Johnson on two charges of theft over
$500 and one count of forgery.
* Anthony W. Osborne, 22, 6195 Hare Dr., Sandston, Va., was
arrested Tuesday by Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Clyde
Croy and charged with driving a motor vehicle without a driver's
license, operating an unlicensed vehicle on city sidewalks and
driving without lights.
* On Tuesday, Howard A. Nave, 266 Wilbur Dam Rd., told CCSD
Deputy Kevin Cable that sometime between 7:30 and 8 a.m. someone's
car left the roadway and side-swiped a barn he owns that sits
next to the road. Minor damage was done to the foundation of
* Janie R. Brown, 158 H. Heaton Rd., on Tuesday reported to
CCSD Deputy Kevin Cable that a male who came to look at some
Chihuauha puppies she had for sale stole two of them while she
went inside her home to answer the telephone. Brown told police
the individual had a female passenger and two other male passengers
in the car with him. Brown described the puppies as tan in color,
one with a black nose and one with a brown nose. Brown said
the man who allegedly stole the puppies was five feet, eight
inches tall with dark, short hair and a goatee. Brown said the
puppies are worth $125 each.
* On Wednesday, EPD Ptl. Mike Commons spoke to Wendell Buchanan
who said he had a car inside the building of East Tennessee
Motor Sports on Roan St. The owner of East Tennessee Motor Sports,
Carroll Carson Sanders, 47, is currently under investigation.
Commons went to the business with Buchanan and tried to contact
Sanders and could not reach him. Commons told Buchanan to go
to the County Clerk's office and file a civil suit against Sanders
to get his vehicle. According to Buchanan, Sanders was going
to sponsor his red and yellow Monte Carlo race car and his race
team and provide the car's motor and transmission. Buchanan
did not know the monetary value of the car.