July 27, 2003
* Mark M. Walters, 50, 115 Guinn Lane, was arrested Thursday
night by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jim Whaley
and charged with assault under domestic violence. He is scheduled
to appear in General Sessions Court on July 28.
* Robin Glen Clawson, 32, 1171 Buck Mountain Road, Roan Mountain,
was arrested Thursday evening by CCSD Lt. Mike Fraley on a
warrant out of Criminal Court charging him with failure to
appear in court.
* Nelda M. Bennett, 38, 916 Tipton Street, was arrested Thursday
afternoon by Elizabethton Police Department Sgt. John Bailey
on a warrant charging her with theft.
* Stephen L. Bateman, 44, 506 Mill Street, was arrested late
Thursday night by EPD Sgt. Charles Moreland and charged with
DUI, driving on a revoked license and leaving the scene of
an accident. He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions
Court on July 28.
* Officers of the Johnson City Police Bureau charged Ronnie
Lee Tucker, 30, with one count of aggravated assault under
the domestic violence statue. The arrest stems from an investigation
into an incident that occurred Friday at 1811 W. Lakeview
Drive, Apt. B5. Tucker is being held in the Washington County
Detention Center without bond until a court hearing scheduled
for July 28.
* Johnson City police officers Anthony Grillo, Paul Wade and
Jim Hawk on Friday arrested Michael Hodges, Sr., and charged
him with felony reckless endangerment, felony evading, DUI,
first offense, violation of the implied consent law, and two
counts of assault on an officer. The arrest occurred as a
result of a traffic stop on Princeton Lane. Hodges allegedly
assaulted the two officers when they started to take him into
* Johnson City Police Bureau officers on Friday arrested David
Beatty, 2105 N. Greenwood Drive, No. 68, Johnson City, and
a 16-year-old juvenile on charges including one count of auto
theft and one count of auto burglary after an investigation
revealed their involvement in the crime, a JCPB news release
states. Beatty is set for a General Sessions Court appearance
on July 28. Bond was pending Friday.
* Tommy Sellars, 640 Simmerly Creek Road, Hampton, reported
to CCSD Deputy Kevin Cable Thursday evening that sometime
that afternoon, someone had broken into an outbuilding at
his residence and had stolen approximately $845 worth of his
personal property, including a Lincoln welding machine, a
Honda brand pressure washer and a Poulan brand chainsaw.