February 9, 2003
* Violet Jill Sexton, 36, 401 Peachtree
Lane, was arrested Thursday morning by Carter County Sheriff's
Department Deputy Janice Black on a warrant charging her with
failure to appear in court.
* Dennis Hartless, 23, 2104 Fishpond Road,
Chuckey, was arrested Thursday afternoon by CCSD Deputy Donald
White on a warrant charging him with violation of probation.
* Jeffery Alvin Ingram, 33, 131 Wilson Avenue,
was arrested Thursday night by CCSD Deputy Kevin Cable and
charged with public intoxication.
* Angelia Kay Jackson, 28, 306 Chapman Road,
Johnson City, was arrested Thursday night by CCSD Sgt. Patrick
Johnson and charged with public intoxication.
* Ryan Doyle Jones, 21, 4175 Cherokee Road, Johnson
City, was arrested Friday night by officers of the Johnson
City Police Bureau and charged with two counts of passing
forged currency. He is scheduled to appear in Washington County
Sessions Court on Feb. 10.
* Dustin S. Mitchell, 19, 2917 Browns Mill Extension,
Johnson City, was arrested by officers of the JCPB and charged
with four counts of aggravated assault. He is scheduled to
appear in Washington County Sessions Court on Feb. 10.
* Melissa L. Percell, 33, 504 Trudy
Street, was cited into General Sessions Court on a charge
of criminal trespassing. She will appear in court on March
* William B. Percell, 38, 504 Trudy Street, was
cited into General Sessions Court on a charge of criminal
trespassing. He will appear in court on March 10.
* Janie D. Moor, 156 Sycamore Shoals
Drive, reported to CCSD Deputy Janice Black that someone had
entered her residence on Thursday and had stolen more than
$500 in jewelry belonging to her.
* Ema Tolley, 149 Mill Pond Road, Lot 6, reported
to CCSD Deputy Eric Buck that someone entered her residence
and stole three different prescription medications belonging
* Steve Hopson, 285 Greenlee Road, Johnson City,
reported to CCSD Sgt. Penny Cornett that Friday morning he
went outside to start his vehicle and discovered that the
battery had been stolen.
* Terry Buck Buchanan, owner of Beer Wash, 8916
Highway 19E, Roan Mountain, reported to CCSD Deputy Brad Hamm
that someone broke into his business, Beer Wash, on Feb. 4
after the business closed at 10:30 p.m. Approximately $190
in cash was taken from the store, as well as 12 cartons of
cigarettes and several cases of beer.
* John Bryant, 132 Coal Shute Road,
reported to CCSD Deputy Brad Hamm that on Thursday afternoon
he returned home and found his dog lying dead in the back
yard. According to reports, the dog had been tied to the dog
house in the back yard of the residence and had been shot
between the shoulder blades with a small caliber firearm.
Bryant advised the officer that this was the fourth dog that
had been killed at his residence and that all of them had
been on his property at the time they were killed.