February 6, 2003

Arrests

  
* Rachel Hyder, 51, 119 Fitzsimmons Hill Road, Lot 18, was arrested Tuesday afternoon by Elizabethton Police Department Sgt. John Bailey and charged with theft over $1,000. She is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court Feb. 10.
   * Jessica Davis, 19, 1298 Bluefield Ave., Apt. CD 108, was arrested Tuesday afternoon by EPD Capt. Smithdeal and charged with theft over $1,000. She is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court Feb. 10.
   * Gerald E. Alexander, 33, 414 E. Myrtle Ave., Johnson City, was arrested by EPD PTL Jerry Bradley following a motor vehicle accident Tuesday afternoon. He was arrested on an outstanding capias warrant. He was also issued a summons to appear in General Sessions Court March 3 charging him with driving on a revoked license and violation of the financial responsibility law. Alexander was also issued a citation for failure to yield with contact. He will appear in Municipal Court to answer to that charge March 3.
   * Janie Lee Mann, 36, Elk Park, N.C., was arrested Tuesday afternoon by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Donald White on a capias warrant charging her with failure to appear in court.
   * Christopher Lee Scalf, 34, 369 Nave Hollow Loop, was arrested Tuesday evening by CCSD Deputy J. Booher on a warrant charging him with violation of probation.
   * Lynette Gabriella Webb, 24, 208 Franklin Lane, was arrested Tuesday night by CCSD Deputy Dean Jones on a warrant charging her with violation of probation.
   * Karrie Nikki Parlier, 23, 517 Washington Ave., was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Sgt. Audrey Covington and charged with forgery and fraudulent use of a credit card. She is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court Feb. 7.
  
Fire

  
* Firefighters from the Central, West Carter County and Watauga Volunteer Fire Departments responded to a residential fire at 1581 Powder Branch Road Tuesday night. The home belonged to Bruce Woodward, who was not at home at the time of the incident and could not be contacted, according to reports. The fire was spotted by a passerby, who then called 911. The fire was concentrated in the rear of the structure near a wood-burning stove.