October 26, 2003
Fraud* Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Brooke Mullins was contacted by Tammy Hyder, an employee of Life Care, regarding a female subject of the company "scamming" her and other employees for money. Hyder reported the subject had approached her and other employees about buying cookies to support a local fund-raiser for her child. Hyder said she and several other employees had written checks or given cash to the subject for cookies that were to be delivered at a later date. She said she wrote the subject a check for $30, but had not received any merchandise. She reported the subject had been given approximately $150 to $200 for cookies and has not been heard from since.
Armed robbery* Officers with the Johnson City Bureau of Police responded to a reported armed robbery at 5:54 p.m. Friday at the Redi-Mart Discount Tobacco Store at 400 S. Broadway Ave. The victim stated while he was in his vehicle behind the store, a black male subject approached him. The victim, whose name was not released by police, said the male brandished a small handgun and demanded the victim's wallet. The suspect then fled on foot. The incident is under investigation.
Arrests* Jason Mark Duffield, 23, 613 Bradley St., was arrested Thursday evening by EPD Sgt. Jack Ramsey on a charge of public intoxication. He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on Oct. 27.
* Charles Gaylon McConnell, 26, 113 Church St., was arrested Thursday evening by EPD Sgt. Jack Ramsey on charges of driving under the influence, first offense, and violation of the implied consent law. He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on Oct. 27.
* Karen Lynn Fisher, 42, 324 Rittertown Road, Hampton, was arrested Thursday morning by EPD Sgt. Jack Ramsey and charged with driving under the influence, first offense. She is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on Oct. 27.
* Heather Kropp, 23, 1030 Broad Street Ext., was arrested Wednesday afternoon by EPD Ptl. Michael Commons and charged with driving under the influence, second offense, driving on revoked license, violation of the implied consent law, violation of the registration law and violation of financial responsibility.
* Fridie Bilbrey Cox, 41, 2026 Gainsboro Highway, Baxter, was arrested Friday morning by Carter County Sheriff's Department deputies Lowell Shell and Larry Vaughn on an attachment for contempt issued from Carter County Chancery Court.
* Michael Shane Walker, 20, 290 Chambers Drive, was arrested Thursday morning by CCSD Deputy Dean Jones on an attachment Pro Corpus from Juvenile Court and a charge of violation of probation.
* Brian Keith Bowers, 19, 191 Flora Dugger Road, was arrested Thursday night by CCSD Deputy Bradley Johnson and charged with reckless driving, driving on suspended license, sixth offense, and violation of the financial responsibility law. He is scheduled to appear in General Sessions Court on Nov. 18.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|