August 25, 2003
* Stephen Brian Pritchard, 35, 117 Jade Drive, was arrested Thursday by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jeff Markland following a traffic stop. Pritchard was charged with speeding, failure to yield to emergency equipment and eighth-offense driving on revoked license.
* Christopher Lambert, 42, Route 2, Hampton, was arrested Thursday by CCSD Investigator Laverne Julian and charged with tampering with or fabricating evidence. According to the report, Julian said he was approached by Lambert, a trustee at Carter County Jail, and asked to deliver a letter addressed to a man in Hampton. In the letter, Lambert reportedly discussed a prior arrest on Aug. 10, 2002, during which Julian had charged him with violation of the habitual motor offender law. In the letter, Lambert asked the man to lie for him in court, saying that he was at his house drinking beer and not driving at all. "I'm just hoping the Carter County judicial system has f....d with you just enough that you want to get back at them by helping out an old drunk," Lambert stated in the letter, according to the report.
* Joseph K. Morefield, 31, 5300 Old Baileytown Road, Greeneville, was arrested Thursday by Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Mike Merritt following a traffic stop. Morefield was charged with speeding, driving on suspended license, violation of financial responsibility law and possession of Schedule VI narcotics.
* Jose Alberto Aguna, 22, 1408 Stateline Road, was arrested Thursday by EPD Ptl. Joy Shoun after the officer was called to Winn-Dixie on U.S. Highway 19E regarding harassment. Aguna was charged with stalking.
* Roy L. Shipley, 49, 108 Mathis Private Drive, was arrested Thursday by EPD Ptl. Mike Commons on a warrant out of Chancery Court.
* Heather N. Bowman, 20, 1245 Bluefield Ave., was arrested Thursday by EPD Ptl. Mike Commons on warrants out of Criminal Court.
* Misty Dawn Charlton, 29, 706 N. Pine St., was arrested Thursday by EPD Ptl. Mike Commons on warrants out of Juvenile and General Sessions Courts.
* Donia M. Hammonds, 160 Old Lacy Hollow Road, reported Thursday to CCSD Deputy Kevin Cable that she was working the previous day at the Sunoco convenience store on Highway 91 and had sat her purse on a table in a non-public hallway area of the store. Hammonds said that around 1 p.m. a female customer spilled some liquid at the drink area and then went into the hallway to retrieve a mop. After the suspect left the store, Hammonds found that her checkbook, a debit card, wallet, driver's license and Social Security card had been stolen from her purse.
* Brian Brown, 35, 104 Bridge St., Roan Mountain, was transported Thursday to Cannon Memorial Hospital in Newland, N.C., by Carter County Rescue Squad after he was found in front of Beer Wash Package Store in Roan Mountain with severe injuries to the front and back of the head. When questioned about the injuries, Brown told CCSD Deputy Brad Johnson that he knew who it was and that he would take care of it himself. The incident is under investigation.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|