October 27, 2002
* Adam C. Smith, 18, 137 Jewell Street,
Apt. 1, Johnson City, was arrested by Elizabethton Police
Department officers Thursday morning and charged with reckless
* Robert L. Stanley, 55, 101 Jon Bennett Road,
Roan Mountain, was arrested by EPD officers Thursday morning
and charged with failure to obey a traffic control device,
driving on a revoked license and violation of financial responsibility
* Johnny Garland, 27, 192 Old Watauga Road Lot
19, was arrested by EPD officers Thursday afternoon and charged
with criminal trespass.
* Larry E. Scalf, 35, 134 Nave Street, Hampton,
was arrested by Carter County Sheriff's Department officers
on Thursday on a warrant for failure to appear.
* Kevin Claude Frazier, 31, 2405 Highway 91,
was arrested by CCSD officers on Thursday and charged with
vandalism and domestic violence.
* Henry Donald Gibbs, 18, 171 Dolan Hollow Road,
was arrested Saturday by CCSD officers and charged with two
counts of assualt by domestic violence.
* Benny F. Burton, 54, 337 Old Milligan Highway,
was arrested Saturday by CCSD officers and charged with public
* Jamie A. Griffey, 27, 178 John Alfred Loop,
was arrested Friday by CCSD officers and charged with DUI
and violation of registration law.
* Carl D. Estep, 76, 172 Oscar Johnson Road,
Hampton, was arrested Friday by CCSD officers and charged
with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, possession of a
firearm while under the influence and unlawful possession
of a weapon.
* Steven L. Rasnick, 25, 177 Norman Joines Road,
was arrested Friday by CCSD officers and charged with second
* Michael Lynn Grindstaff, 35, 167 Log Cabin
Road, was arrested Friday by CCSD officers and charged with
aggravated DUI and failure to maintain proof of insurance.
* Larry & Terry's Inc., 4068 Highway 19E,
reported to CCSD officers that someone had stolen a U-Haul
trailor from the business on Oct. 21.
* Mike Ensor, 181 Bill Lewis Road, reported to
CCSD officers that someone entered into his garage and stole
more than $500 in hunting equipment, including a tree lounge.
He said he was not sure how long the items had been missing.
* Robert Ritchie, 144 Ritchie Farm Road,
reported to CCSD officers that on Thursday he heard gunshots
coming from his cattle farm. He told officers that when he
checked out the noise, he found one of his cows had been shot
by what appeared to be a shotgun.