August 19, 2002

Summons

   * Monica Kay Sullivan, 10200 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg, Fla., was issued a summons Thursday by Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Jack Ramsey for following too closely and driving on canceled/suspended/or revoked license.
   * Curtis A. Terry, 552 Long Hollow Road, was issued a summons Thursday by EPD Ptl. Mike McIntosh after the officer responded to Wal-Mart. Terry was charged with shoplifting.
  
Arrests

   * Ricky Lee Raney, 29, 416 Garrison Hollow Road, was arrested Thursday by Constable 127 on a warrant charging him with assault under domestic violence.
  
Vandalism

   * Freddie H. Nelson, 501 Summit Ave., reported Thursday to EPD Ptl. Jason McCall that his 1999 Orange Ford Explorer was damaged sometime between 3 a.m. and 1 p.m. The driver's side was scratched from the door to the tail light. The tailgate also was scratched. Damage appeared to have been made by a key or other hard object.

Theft

   * An employee of White's Fresh Foods, 700 Stateline Road, reported Thursday to EPD. Ptl. Jason McCall that an unidentified male had stolen approximately four cartons of cigarettes from the store. The employee said the man went to the customer service desk and placed two cartons of cigarettes in his pants and at least two more under his shirt. When a store employee tried to stop him, the man left the store and got into an older vehicle driven by a female.
   * Victoria Meader, 209 Spring Drive, Johnson City, reported Thursday to Carter County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Keith Range that someone had broken into her mother's residence at 211 Spring Drive and had taken an RCA color television from the living room, another television with built-in VCR from the bedroom, and a bottle of medication from the nightstand. Entry was gained by taking the screen off a back window and raising the window.
  
Fire

   * CCSD Deputy Jeff Markland responded Thursday to 746 Simerly Creek Road regarding a structure fire. When the officer arrived, the residence was fully engulfed in flames. The house, which had no electricity on inside the residence, had been unoccupied for about a month. Hampton/Valley Forge Volunteer Fire Department responded.