June 11, 2002
* Elizabethton Police Officer Tonya Scott was dispatched to Lynnridge Apartments Monday in reference to a fight and stabbing. On arrival, Scott reported finding several subjects outside of one building, and several subjects stated two males had left the scene. EPD Capt. Art Smithdeal reported locating two victims identified as Thomas Crowley, who had been stabbed approximately three times with a lock blade knife, and Patrick Crowley, who had also been involved in the altercation. Patrick Crowley advised police that he had a telescope stolen a few hours earlier and had confronted a male subject about the theft. Patrick Crowley advised that he and the subject became involved in an altercation when the subject presented a knife and tried to stab him. Crowley said his son Thomas stepped in and was stabbed three times. Thomas Crowley was transported to the Johnson City Medical Center.
Pursuit* CCSD Deputy Al Meehan responded to a call Saturday that Avery County, N.C., authorities were in pursuit of a red Ford truck occupied by a male subject and a female subject. Meehan reported observing the truck in an area of Roan Mountain and attempted to stop the vehicle. Meehan stated the truck fled at a high rate of speed. Meehan reported pursuing the truck to a trailer park in which the driver fled. The passenger, identified as Sally Clawson, 35, 343 Chase Road, Roan Mountain, was charged with violation of financial responsibility, violation of registration law and permitting an unlicensed driver to operate a motor vehicle. She is scheduled to appear in Sessions Court on July 1.
* EPD Officer Brooke Mullins was dispatched to Food City
on Broad Street Thursday in reference to a forged check. Denise
Ensor advised Mullins that the store received a check on the
account of Pauline Stout, which was returned as a forged instrument.
The check was written for the amount of $5.22.
* EPD Sgt. Brian Fraley was dispatched to Milligan Grocery Store on Saturday in reference to an attempted burglary. Fraley spoke with store clerk Angela Reed, who presented a busted cinderblock on the sidewalk in front of the store. The plexiglass on the store's right front been struck by the object but had not shattered.
* EPD Officer Jerry Bradley was dispatched to 1248 Bluefield
Ave., on Monday in reference to a stolen checkbook. On arrival,
he spoke with Alan Simerly, who advised that a male subject
known to him had come to his residence on May 31, and asked
to spend the night. Simerly stated that he allowed the subject
to stay. He further advised that a friend told him several
days later the subject was cashing checks belonging to Simerly.
The victim advised he had kept the checkbook in his bedroom
and the male subject would have had access to it.
Arrests* Ricky D. Wilson, 40, 94 Woodland Road, Johnson City, was arrested by Carter County Sheriff's Deputy Jeff Markland on Sunday. According to the police report, Markland was dispatched to Highway 9 on a motor vehicle accident. On arrival, Markland reported finding a male subject being held down by neighbors who said the subject had ran a vehicle through a fence and almost struck a small child. Markland reported identifying the man as Wilson. Markland arrested Wilson on a charge of DUI. While searching Wilson, Markland reported finding a bag allegedly containing what appeared to be marijuana. Wilson was also charged with driving on revoked license, third offense, possession of Schedule VI and reckless endangerment. He is scheduled to appear in Sessions Court June. 24.
* CCSD Sgt. Keith Range was dispatched to 325 Swimming Pool Road on Friday in reference to a report of harassment. On arrival, Range reported observing a black Chevy Cavalier in the driveway. He also reported observing three male subjects and one female subject standing on the porch of one of the apartments. Range's report read that he approached one of the males and observed a strong odor of alcohol about his person. The subject, identified as David Carden, 19, 148 Ed Green Road, Hampton, was placed under arrest on a charge of drinking under age. Range reported that as he was placing Carden in handcuffs, a male subject identified as Troy Ray Hughes, 26, 325 Swimming Pool Road, allegedly put out a lit cigarette on Carden's chest. Range arrested Hughes on a charge of assault. The third male subject, Nicholas A. Malantonio, 19, 474 Highway 321, Butler, was also arrested on a charge of drinking under age.
* CCSD Sgt. Keith Range was dispatched to 134 Dosser Lane on Saturday in reference to an intoxicated male subject. On arrival, Range reported observing a male subject, identified as John Thomas Carder, walking around the side of the house. Range reported observing an odor of an alcoholic beverage on Carder. The report alleged that Carder and a girlfriend had been in a dispute and that she did not want him at the residence. Carder was placed under arrest on the charge of public intoxication.
* Richard W. Hoilman Jr., 265 W. Market St., #7, Johnson City, was arrested Sunday by CCSD Deputy Brad Hamm on a charge of aggravated assault.
* Johnny Huffman, 32, 177 Rome Hollow Road, was arrested Sunday by CCSD Deputy Jeff Markland on a charge of public intoxication.
* Tara Renee Glover, 29, 721-8 Blue Springs Road, had an odor of alcohol about her person and was very unsteady on her feet. She was arrested for public intoxication.
* Matthew Alan Jenkins, 20, 225 Bluegrass Road, Roan Mountain, was arrested Friday by CCSD Sgt. Keith Range on a charge of drinking under age. He is scheduled to appear in Sessions Court on June 24.
* James Ernest Sims, 53, 935 DeJarnette St., was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy C.M. Commons on a charge of child abuse.
* Stephen Brian Pritchard, 34, 117 Jade Drive, was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy David Ryan on a charge of violation of an order of protection.
* David Ward, 36, 721-8 Blue Springs Road, was arrested by CCSD Deputy Jeff Markland on Saturday and charged with DUI, 6th offense, driving on revoked license, 3rd offense, and violation of the implied consent law.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|