* Judy Vaughn Beamer, 42, 1027 Whittingwood Road,
Johnson City, was arrested Sunday by Carter County Sheriff's
Department Sgt. Keith Range on charges of DUI and violation
of implied consent.
* Todd Bentley Treadway, 553 Garrison Hollow
Road, was arrested Saturday by CCSD Sgt. Keith Range and charged
with violation of open container, DUI, violation of implied
consent, failure to show proof of financial responsibility
and driving on suspended license.
* David Wayne Smith, 35, 1761 Gap Creek Road,
was arrested Saturday by CCSD Sgt. Keith Range and charged
* Teresa Laws, 30, 200 Landcastle Road, was arrested
Thursday by officers of Johnson City Police Bureau and charged
with theft over $1,000. Laws was arrested following investigation
into a theft reported to have occurred at Home Interiors,
172 W. Springbrook Drive, Johnson City, in September 2001
while Laws was employed there.
* Charles Eugene Britt, 45, 1023 Gray Station
Road, Gray, was arrested Saturday by officers of Johnson City
Police Bureau and charged with theft over $1,000 and theft
over $500. The arrest was the result of investigation into
the theft of a 1988 Jeep Wagoneer and an automobile tow dolly.
* Grady Campbell, 79, West Elk Avenue, was rescued
around 3 p.m. Sunday from his burning home by neighbors. Campbell
was transported to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation
and injuries sustained in a fall when he tried to escape the