February 5, 2002
ArrestsÊ * Kelly Sue Collins, 37, 1688 Hwy. 91, was arrested Saturday by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Sarah Ryan and charged with public intoxication.
* Michael Glenn Sargent, 37, 1688 Hwy. 91, was arrested Saturday by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Sarah Ryan and charged with DUI.
* Jason Scott Mason, 22, Woods Avenue, was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy Dean Jones on a warrant out of Claibourne County, charging him with violation of probation.
* Jeffrey Frank Green, 38, 635 Long Hollow Road, was arrested Monday by CCSD Lt. Rocky Croy after the officer was dispatched to Hampton Roadrunner regarding an intoxicated subject. Green was charged with public intoxication.
* Daniel Richard Hall Jr., 51, 513 Granada Court, Kingsport, and George James White Jr., 55, 204 Wilson Ave., Johnson City, were arrested Sunday at 1316 E. Fairview Ave. by officers of Johnson City Police Bureau on charges of aggravated gambling. William R. Grant, 27, 1223 Martin Luther King Drive, Albany, Ga., and Charles L. Davis, 30, 305 Royal Circle, #57, Johnson City, also were charged with gambling. The arrests stem from an ongoing investigation into citizens' complaints of gambling occurring at that address.
* Eric Samuel Stout, 18, 402 Ridgecrest Drive, was arrested Saturday by Elizabethton Police Department Sgt. Roger Crowe following a traffic stop. Stout was charged with DUI and drinking under age. He also was charged with possession of false identification.
* Gregory A. McKinney, 29, 1822 Woodhaven Drive, was arrested Sunday by EPD Ptl. Kevin Cable after the officer responded to 1491 Southside Road regarding a domestic dispute. McKinney was charged with public intoxication.
* Sherwood Cannon Davis, 33, 921 Pine Ridge Circle, was arrested Sunday by EPD Ptl. Jennifer Mayberry after responding to a shoplifting incident at Advance Auto. The suspect was located hiding under a bridge on Riverside Drive. He was charged with public intoxication. Davis also was wanted in Washington County on a capias. The manager of Advance Auto obtained a warrant for Davis, charging him with theft.
* Cristina M. Williams, 22, 926 Pine Ridge Circle, was arrested Friday by EPD Ptl. Jesus Pena on a capias charging her with failure to appear on driving on suspended license, violation of seatbelt law and violation of registration.
* Winifred Tucker, 25, 682 Powder Branch Road, was arrested Saturday by EPD Ptl. Jennifer Mayberry after officers were called to the residence regarding an intoxicated female who refused to leave. While at the residence, officers observed Tucker strike Richard James Hughes, 43, same address, with her fist. Officers attempted to subdue Tucker but she retreated to a bedroom. Tucker became belligerent and combative and Ptl. Mayberry and Sgt. Roger Crowe had to place her on a bed to be handcuffed. Hughes attempted to place a pair of socks and boots on Tucker, but she continued to kick at officers and Hughes. She refused to walk to the police vehicle and had to be carried. She also refused to walk to the elevator upon arrival at Carter County Jail. She was placed on suicide watch after threatening to harm herself. Tucker was charged with assault under domestic violence.
* Roy L. Cox, 53, 163 Deloach Road, was issued a summons Saturday by EPD Ptl. Brooke Mullins following a traffic stop. Cox was charged with DUI and stop sign violation.
* Robert A. Susong Jr., 49, 714 Well St., was arrested Friday by EPD Ptl. Michael Merritt following a traffic accident on West G Street at Hudson Drive. Susong was charged with driving on suspended license, violation of financial responsibility law and violation of seatbelt law.
* Todd Straitz, 24, 302 E. F St., was arrested Jan. 31 by EPD Ptl. Jason McCall on a warrant charging him with assault under domestic violence. He also was served an order of protection.
* Dave Powell, 73, 711 Carriger Ave., was arrested Jan. 31 by EPD Sgt. Matt Bailey after nearly striking the officer and his patrol unit. Powell was charged with DUI and violation of implied consent.
* Jason David Church, 28, 1263 Bluefield Ave., was arrested Jan. 31 by EPD Sgt. Matt Bailey following a traffic stop. He was charged with second-offense driving on revoked license and violation of light law.
Clarification* A photograph in Friday's edition of the Star incorrectly stated that a truck belonging to Gregory Hyder was left running and slipped out of gear, rolling into Watauga Lake. The truck actually was parked, in gear, with the switch off and the emergency brake on when it rolled backward into the lake as Hyder attempted to load a canoe. The Star regrets the error.
* Washington County Sheriff's Department is investigating the death of a 16-year-old male found dead on arrival Saturday in his Jonesborough home. The victim was found on his bed around 4:15 p.m. by his mother, who called 911. At the time of the report, investigators were treating the death as accidental.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|