January 30, 2002
Arrests* Michael L. Greer, 38, 133 Centerview Drive, was arrested Monday by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Laverne Julian following a traffic stop on U.S. Highway 19E in Valley Forge. He was charged with second-offense DUI.
* James Alvin May, 56, 157 Mays Road, was arrested Monday by CCSD Deputy Albert Nave on a warrant charging him with violation of probation.
* Timothy Ray Goddard, 34, 905A Pine Ridge Circle, was arrested Monday by CCSD Sgt. Patrick Johnson after he turned himself in at Carter County Sheriff's Department. Upon reporting to the sheriff's department, Goddard was found to be highly intoxicated. He was charged with public intoxication and served warrants charging him with violation of probation, failure to appear on public intoxication, failure to appear on no driver's license and second-offense DUI.
* Shannon David Long, 24, 168 Lincoln Drive, was arrested Monday by CCSD Sgt. Patrick Johnson after he and Deputy Todd Hamm located Long at his residence. Long was charged in a capias with failure to appear and driving on suspended license.
* Earnest David Hamm, 34, 143 Pine Knot Lane, Johnson City, was arrested Monday by CCSD Deputy Melissa Nichols on a warrant charging him with violation of probation.
Vandalism* John McNeill, 42, 2313 Elizabethton Hwy., reported Monday to CCSD Deputy Kenny Cornett that someone drove a vehicle into a chain link fence around Sinking Creek Baptist Church's parking lot on Vanover Road. The vehicle went through four sections of fence.
* A.B. McKenzie, 59, 408 Cedar Grove Road, Johnson City, reported Saturday to CCSD Deputy Matt Lunceford that sometime during the night, a front window of his residence was broken out. The officer observed a rock lying inside the residence and the glass in a picture frame damaged.
* Troy Baggett, 35, 743 Willow Springs, reported Monday to CCSD Deputy Matt Lunceford that a cooling unit to his heat pump had been stolen from his residence.
* Steve Sochalski, 47, 610 N. Pine St., reported Sunday to Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Jerry Bradley that the back windshield of his car had been broken out. The blue Pontiac Grand AM was parked in the driveway at the time. The windshield appeared to have been struck in the upper right corner by a blunt object.
* James Paul Ray, 45, 641Jena Beth Drive, reported Friday to EPD Ptl. Jack Ramsey that he heard a crash and found that a vehicle had struck the mailbox cluster in front of his apartment building. The vehicle had run off the road about 50 feet away from the boxes and had ridden up the curb prior to striking the mailboxes.
* Tony C. Campbell, 19, 608 Locust St., reported Sunday to EPD Ptl. Tonya Scott that someone had scratched his 2001 Chevrolet truck. The officer observed scratch marks on the side rear fender and hood. The scratches appeared to have been made by a key or similar object.
* Freeman Taylor, 698 Hwy. 91, reported Friday to CCSD Sgt. Keith Range that one of his gas pumps was damaged when a vehicle rolled into it. Damage to the pumps and vehicle was minor.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|