* Mark H. Hiser, 23, no address listed, was arrested
Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Chris Pierce on a warrant charging
him with violation of probation.
* Michael A. Cyphers, 39, of North Carolina,
and Rodney Blane Madison, 35, 148 Whaleytown Road, Butler,
were arrested around 11 p.m. Tuesday by Carter County Sheriff's
Department Deputy Brad Johnson after the officer was dispatched
to Elk Mills General Store on a report of two intoxicated
persons trying to cause trouble. The suspects had left the
business prior to the officer's arrival. While patrolling
Highway 321, Deputy Johnson observed a vehicle traveling both
sides of the road and stopped it. The driver, Cyphers, was
so intoxicated he had to be leaned against the vehicle to
stay erect, according to the report. He was charged with DUI
and agreed to take an Intoximeter test at Carter County Jail,
resulting in a blood alcohol content of .30 percent, or more
than three times the legal limit for intoxication. Madison,
a passenger in the vehicle, was charged with public intoxication.
* John A. Gandee, no age or address listed, was
arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Sarah Ryan following a traffic
stop. He was charged with driving on suspended license and
violation of registration.
* Richard Scott Teague, 32, 141 Hillmont Drive,
Johnson City, was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Chris Pierce
on warrants charging him with assault under domestic violence
and vandalism under domestic violence.
* Randy W. Hartman, 24, 2301 Sarah St., Johnson
City, was arrested Wednesday by officers of Johnson City Police
Bureau after officers responded to a call of a possible auto
burglary on Park Avenue. After arrival, police found several
automobiles had been burglarized and/or vandalized. A suspect
matching the description was located in the area and subsequently
was arrested. Following his arrest, it was found that he had
given officers a false name. He later was identified as Hartman.
* CCSD Lt. Bobby Huffman responded Monday to
a mobile home fire on Buck Mountain Road in Roan Mountain.
Harold Maddy, 887 Buck Mountain Road, told the officer that
the washer and dryer in the residence worked fine, however,
Maddy said that when he started the dryer, he heard a noise
coming from under the residence. He went outside to check
under the mobile home and saw sparks and flames. Roan Mountain
Volunteer Fire Department responded. The fire was contained
to the underside of the trailer.