October 29, 2001
* Angela Henderson, 23, 2008 Timbers Edge Ct.,
was arrested Thursday by EPD Officer Jennifer Mayberry for
driving on a suspended license. Henderson was stopped after
she failed to halt for a red light. According to the police
report, Henderson also has an unspecified warrant against
her in Washington County.
* Dayton Edward Grant, 21, 316 West St., Roan
Mountain, was arrested Wednesday by CCSD Deputy Chad Grindstaff
on a warrant for a capias.
* Cheryl Ann Nitzky, 18, 106 Rufus Taylor Road,
was arrested Thursday by CCSD Lt. Mike Fraley and charged
with aggravated assault on a minor.
* Milburn B. Hughes, 33, 1313 Charity Hill Road,
was arrested Thursday by CCSD Deputy Rocky Croy on a warrant
for a capias.
* Benjamin J. Bartholomew, 24, 401 W. Maple St.,
Johnson City, was arrested by CCSD Deputy Rocky Croy on a
warrant for violation of probation.
* EPD officers were dispatched Thursday to Uptown
Pets, 409 Johnson Ave., in response to a call concerning a
theft. Kathy Tipton, owner of the pet store, told officers
someone had stolen a ferret and a gecko from the store.
* CCSD Deputy Tim Lowe responded to a call Friday
from Katie Scalf, Old Stoney Creek Road. Scalf told Lowe that
she had received a suspicious letter and was afraid to open
it, fearing it might contain anthrax. There was no return
address on the letter, which had a Santa Ana, Calif., postmark.
* CCSD Deputy Tim Lowe responded to a call Thursday
from Randy Carlson, 179 Rasnick Road. Carlson told Lowe that
someone had stolen $10,000 in savings bonds, several bottles
of prescription medication, a bottle of whiskey, and a clip
for a semi-automatic handgun from his home. Carlson gave Lowe
a list of possible suspects.