ArrestsÊÊ * Michael L. Howell, 27, 385 Old Watauga Road, Johnson City, was arrested Monday by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Rick Taylor after the officer responded to a domestic call. According to the report, Shelly Howell told the officer that she and her husband had been arguing when her husband started throwing food, broke the garbage can, and head-butted her. He also spit on her, kicked open a door and threatened their 8-year-old son who had locked himself in the room because he was scared, according to the report. Howell was charged with assault under domestic violence.
* Jerry Lynn Ramsey, 44, 267 Dogwood Acres, Hampton, was arrested Monday by CCSD Deputy Chris Pierce after he and Deputy David Jones responded to the residence regarding a fight/unwanted guest. When officers arrived, they observed two men outside the residence. Ramsey was bleeding from abrasions to the facial area. Officers also detected a strong odor of alcohol. Ramsey was charged with public intoxication.
* Kenneth James Thurman, 22, 262 Lacy Hollow Road, was arrested Monday by Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Tonya Scott after the officer responded to a fight call at Life Care Center, 1641 Hwy. 19E. Thurman was charged with assault.
* Chadwick Lee Rambo, 22, 214 Richardson Hollow, was arrested Monday by EPD Ptl. Jack Ramsey following a traffic stop. Rambo was charged with driving on revoked license and speeding.
Vandalism* Novella Bowman, 72, 112 E. Mill St., reported Monday to EPD Ptl. Richard Haney that someone had broken her planter early Monday morning.
* Bart Alexander Wilson, 19, 1548 Southside Road, reported Friday to EPD Sgt. Kenneth Hardin that someone had damaged the hood and driver's side door of his 1988 Chevrolet Cavalier with a key while it was parked at the corner of Holly Lane and West F St.
Theft* Jo Ann Trivette, 73, 1011 Circle Drive, reported Monday to EPD Ptl. Tonya Scott that one of a matching pair of lawn ornaments had been stolen from her residence over the weekend.
* Irene Riddle, 812 N. Roan St., reported Monday to EPD Sgt. Matt Bailey that sometime over the last two days, someone had taken a concrete angel, which was glued to a square piece of concrete, from her front lawn.
* Steve Howard of Elizabethton Golf Course reported Monday to EPD Ptl. Richard Haney that sometime in the night someone had pried open a Pepsi machine and had taken approximately $100 along with a sand-filled cigarette butt can. In the parking lot, the number 420 was written in sand.
* Chris K. Henderson, 35, 1693 Milligan Hwy., and Gerald L. Hugg, 46, 100 Kimberly Lane, reported Monday to EPD Ptl. Jack Ramsey that a trailer belonging to Huff which was parked on Henderson's property and a lawn mower which was parked under the trailer, were stolen Oct. 9.
* Heather Phipps, 23, 156 Warrior Lane, Johnson City, reported Monday to CCSD Sgt. Tim Lowe that someone entered her van while it was parked at the residence and took a mixed case of cigarettes.
* Jeffrey S. Hutches, 29, 1704 Knoll Drive, Johnson City, reported Monday to CCSD Sgt. Tim Lowe that someone stole two checks from his checkbook.
* Claude J. Lane, 1402 Milligan Hwy., reported Monday to CCSD Sgt. Tim Lowe that someone had taken several checks from his checkbook.
Forgery* Robin Turbyfill, store front manager at Ingles, reported Monday to EPD Ptl. Richard Haney that a check for $382.99 was returned by Federal Credit Union because there was no account. The driver's license number came back not on file and the officer was unable to make out the signature.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|