* Daniel S. Thomas, 38, 1212 Valley St., was
arrested Thursday by Elizabethton Police Department Ptl. Joey
Proffitt and charged with violating an order of protection.
* Jeff Hall, 43, 2749 Bob Little Road, was arrested
Thursday by Constable Bobby Canter on a warrant charging him
with assault under domestic violence.
* Henry Poole II, 30, 199 Rye Branch Road, Butler,
was arrested Thursday by CCSD Deputy Chris Pierce on a capias
charging him with failure to appear.
* Junior Lunceford, 35, 1160 Huffine Road, Johnson
City, was arrested Thursday by CCSD Deputy Chris Pierce on
a capias from Criminal Court charging him with theft over
$1,000 and violation of probation.
* Kristie Michelle Mullins, 145 Rosewood Circle,
#5, Watauga, was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy Penny Cornett
on a capias for failure to pay costs and fines for driving
on a revoked license.
* George R. Myers, 145 Rosewood Circle, #2, Watauga,
was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy Penny Cornett for failure
to appear on a violation of writing bad checks.
* Kevin Dewayne Smith, 155 Browns Branch Road,
Hampton, was arrested Saturday by CCSD Deputy Sarah Ryan and
charged with DUI.
* Daniel Lee, 635 Willow Springs Road, was arrested
Saturday by CCSD Deputy Eric Buck and charged with public
* Brian Samuel Bateman, 1491 Southside Road,
was arrested Saturday by CCSD Deputy Eric Buck and charged
* CCSD Deputy Albert Nave was dispatched around
1:03 a.m. Friday to 120 Poplar Grove Road on a structure fire.
William Bowman told the officer that around 12:30 a.m., lightning
struck the north end of the house, knocking a big hole in
it. Hampton Fire Department responded.
* EPD Ptl. Richard Haney was dispatched around
3:57 p.m. Wednesday to Papa Johns Pizza regarding check fraud.
Shara Howell, 20, and Christina Shoemaker, 24, 133 Gilliam
Lane, Gray, told the officer they noticed check number 177
missing from their checkbook and contacted their bank. The
check was written to Papa Johns in Elizabethton for $21.30
on July 27.
* Christina Medlin, 20, 213 John Hart Hill, Milligan
College, reported Thursday to EPD Ptl. Richard Haney that
her cell phone was stolen from her vehicle sometime between
Aug. 16 and Aug. 19.
* Scott Hyder, 233 Russell Hill Road, reported
to the Carter County Sheriff's Department on Saturday that
someone had broken into his home and stolen items valued around
$1,000, including a glass jar containing $200 in quarters,
a nine-millimeter Ruger handgun and a 50-caliber muzzle loader.
* Kent Gardner, 316 Sims Hill Road, reported
to the Carter County Sheriff's Department on Friday that someone
had broken into his home and stolen a boombox and an unknown
amount of Klonopin, l mg.
* Wendy Garland, 148 Big Sandy Road, reported
to the Carter County Sheriff's Department on Friday that her
checks had been stolen and forged.
* William C. "Chad" Whisnant, 753 First Ave.,
Hampton, reported to the Carter County Sheriff's Department
on Thursday that a seat valued at $150 had been stolen from
his Ranger bass boat, which had been stored at the home of