July 3, 2001
* Robin Colbaugh, 39, 1308 Charity Hill Road, and Timothy Wayne Bishop, 36, 212 McKinley Church Road, Johnson City, were arrested Sunday by EPD Ptl. Jennifer Mayberry and Sgt. Roger Crowe after officers were called to Holiday Market, 2226 W. G St., in reference to a female attempting to take items and who appeared to be intoxicated. Colbaugh was taken into custody after performing poorly on field sobriety tasks. A search of her person revealed several items in her left jacket pocket which she allegedly attempted to take from the store. The store owner advised he would obtain warrants for shoplifting and Colbaugh was placed in the back of Mayberry's cruiser for transport. She was observed by the officer to be struggling as though trying to remove her handcuffs and then leaning over the seat as though placing something in the rear. Colbaugh was removed from the vehicle and her handcuffs resecured. Marks were observed on her left wrist and hand area as a result of the struggle. A search under the seat of the vehicle revealed a white napkin, inside a cigarette wrapper, which contained 10 whole Xanax pills and six half-pills, a blue Xanax and 1-1/2 Loritab. Because the vehicle was searched prior to shift and no other person had been inside the vehicle, Colbaugh was charged with drug possession. Timothy Bishop, driver of the van Colbaugh was traveling in, was arrested and charged with driving on revoked license.
* Kristal Gale Dubuque, 19, 115 Betterly Place, Watauga, was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy Michael Carlock and charged with assault under domestic violence.
* Glen Garrison, 38, 121 School House Road, was arrested Monday by CCSD Lt. Mike Fraley and charged with assault under domestic violence.
* Lori Adkins McKinney, 30, 115 Betterley Place, Watauga, was arrested Friday by Constable Bobby Canter on a warrant taken out by Deputy Michael Carlock, charging her with two counts of assault under domestic violence.
* Lynn Burke, 35, 105 Mel Oaks Drive, was arrested Friday by CCSD Deputy Loretta Cloyd after the officer responded to a burglary in progress in the area of Hayworth Tire. The complainant, Shane Watson, advised 911 that someone had come into the tent where he was selling fireworks and had stolen some and walked out of the tent. Deputy Cloyd arrived on the scene and observed Burke carrying $272 in fireworks under his arm. He was charged with theft under $500 and burglary.
* Aaron Floyd Taylor, 65, 1542 Hwy. 91, was arrested Sunday by CCSD Deputy Albert Nave following a traffic stop. He was charged with DUI.
* Cristy Pearson, 21, 2927 Chestnut Lane #13, Johnson City, was arrested Sunday by CCSD Deputy Eric Buck on a capias charging her with failure to appear on driving on revoked license and a warrant taken out by Investigator George Skeans charging her with aggravated burglary and theft over $1,000.
* Eric Presnell, 29, 125 Hyder St., was arrested Saturday by CCSD Deputy Bradley Johnson after he was turned over by Johnson County officers and arrested on a warrant charging him with violation of probation on previous charges of DUI and driving on revoked.
* Malcolm J. Lujan, 50, 1910 Club Drive, Johnson City, was arrested Sunday by officers of Johnson City Police Department and charged with burglary following investigation into the burglary of a vacant house in the 2200 block of Knob Creek Road in Johnson City.
* Deputies from Sullivan County Sheriff's Office responded around 1:30 a.m. Sunday to a call for help from Shelley R. Callahan, 19, 203 Nita St., Bristol. Callahan told officers that her husband of 1-1/2 years had assaulted her and had guns in his possession. When officers arrived they confronted a hostage situation and called for a negotiator. Officers could get no answer at the door of the residence but could hear movement inside. A short time later, the sheriff arrived to assist with the incident. Shelley Callahan eventually escaped from her husband and officers made entry to the residence. David Callahan was arrested without further incident. Officers seized evidence of Callahan's attack on his wife as well as several weapons. Mrs. Callahan was injured during the altercation but refused medical aid at the scene. In a later interview, David Callahan confessed to assaulting his wife, saying he was out of control. He attributed the incident to a variety of problems they were experiencing.
* Robert L. Shannon Miller, 22, 390 Barnette Drive, #42, Kingsport, and Jody Allen Stout, 23, 357 Butchertown Road, Jonesborough, were arrested Sunday by officers of Sullivan County Sheriff's Office after they responded to 375 Snapps Ferry Road, #1, Kingsport, in reference to a burglary and an assault. The victims, Stuart Propst and Gregory Travis Smith, were asleep in their residence when they were awakened by someone kicking the door in. It was determined that two personal acquaintances of the victims -- Miller and Stout -- forcibly entered the residence. Miller was armed with a .22 rifle and Smith was assaulted by being struck with Miller's fist and the rifle. Propst, in an attempt to protect himself, pulled a .38 pistol, which was taken from him by Miller and Stout. Miller fired shots into the ceiling and into the air as they were leaving the scene. The Johnson City Police Department was able to take both into custody a short time later. Both suspects gave statements in regard to the case. Propst and Smith suffered minor injuries.
Armed robberyÊÊÊÊÊÊ * Officers of Johnson City Police Bureau responded around 8:03 p.m. Sunday to an armed robbery at Amoco, 815 W. Walnut St. The suspect, a white male about 5-feet-9 to 6 feet tall and weighing 250 pounds, was not wearing a shirt and had a bag partially over his head. He was armed with a knife and left on foot, taking an undisclosed amount of money with him.
SuicideÊÊ ÊÊÊÊ * Officers of Johnson City Police Bureau responded around 4:30 p.m. Sunday to 4 Llewellyn Woods Drive in reference to an apparent suicide. Officers found 90-year-old Walter Hankins in the residence with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. The incident is under investigation.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|