June 28, 2001
* Cameron Mahala, 35, 121 Cherokee Loop, was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Chris Pierce on a warrant charging him with violation of probation.
* Michael Keith Smith, 20, 504 Bradley St., was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Michael Carlock and charged with driving while impaired, violation of implied consent, reckless driving and drinking under age.
* Travis Demond Estell, 22, 614 Trudy Ave., was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Sgt. Donie Julian and charged with violation of probation and failure to appear with fines and costs on public intoxication and resisting arrest.
* Brian Scott Egolf, 20, 116 Happy Valley Road, Johnson City, was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Laverne Julian and charged in warrants with assault under domestic violence and vandalism under domestic violence.
* Larry K. Woodby, 29, 200 Green Hollow Road, Butler, was arrested Tuesday by CCSD Deputy Todd Hamm after the officer responded to 124 Allen Odom Lane in reference to a male subject outside the residence attempting to gain entry. Prior to the officer's arrival, dispatchers advised that the man was at the front door, trying to force it open. Investigation revealed that Woodby had been staying at the residence for the past several months and that the complainant was afraid of the defendant and did not want him staying there any longer. He was arrested and charged with public intoxication.
* April Ashley, 22, 1298 Bluefield Ave., was arrested Tuesday by Elizabethton Police Sgt. Matt Bailey on a warrant charging her with violation of probation.
* Donald Eugene Grimes, 45, 1109 N. Barton St., was arrested Tuesday by officers of Johnson City Police Bureau and charged with aggravated robbery following investigation into Monday's armed robbery of the Super 8 Motel, 108 Wesley St. Grimes was being held on $25,000 bond.
* EPD Ptl. Brooke Mullins and Sgt. Brian Fraley,
along with CCSD officers, Lt. Mike Fraley and Todd Hamm, were
notified Tuesday of a medical call at 1416 Southside Road,
possibly involving a cardiac arrest patient. When officers
arrived, they spoke with Michael Fitchett, 52, who told them
that he and his friend, Glen Murphy Geisler, 28, Well St.,
had been eating supper together when Geisler complained of
feeling ill and said he was unable to finish his meal. Geisler
asked Fitchett if he could lie down on the couch and rest.
Fitchett said he heard Geisler snoring but after about 15
minutes, Geisler was unresponsive. Geisler was transported
to Sycamore Shoals Hospital, where he was pronounced dead
at 1:46 a.m., of an apparent drug overdose, according to the
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|