June 14, 2001
* Joseph D. Holsclaw, 25, 153 Coal Chute Road, was arrested Tuesday by Carter County Sheriff's Department Deputy Chad Grindstaff on a warrant charging him with failure to appear on a show cause order.
* Shawn M. Laughrun, 36, 144 Five Oaks Road, Jonesborough, was arrested Tuesday by officers of Johnson City Police Bureau and charged with burglary and theft over $1,000 following investigation into the burglary and theft of several items from Johnson City Internal Medicine, 219 Princeton Lane, on Monday.
StabbingÊÊ ÊÊÊÊ * CCSD Deputy Janice Mitchell responded around 3:20 a.m. Wednesday to Sycamore Shoals Hospital Emergency Room regarding a stabbing victim. Jamey Townsend, no age or address listed, told the officer he went 4-wheeling with four other persons he did not know and after a while, a fight broke out. Townsend said he saw blood running down his leg. He suffered a large stab wound in the lower left quad of the abdomen and was treated at Sycamore Shoals Hospital, then transferred to Johnson City Medical Center.
FireÊÊÊÊÊÊ * EPD Ptl. Jason McCall responded to a fire at Lynnwood Apartments, 1300 Bluefield Ave., around 2:51 a.m. Wednesday. A storage shed at the back of the office building was engulfed in flames. The officer noticed that the fire was spreading to the back of the office building and notified 911. Elizabethton Fire Department arrived and took control of the scene. Elizabethton Fire Chief Mike Shouse reported to EPD Capt. Rusty Verran that there was evidence of forced entry to the storage building. Shouse said he would contact the Criminal Investigation Division for an arson investigation.
* Tony Maness, no age or address listed, reported Tuesday to CCSD Lt. Rocky Croy that he was driving his company work truck -- a 181 Ford F250 -- on U.S. Highway 19E in the Whitehead Hill area when a passenger in the vehicle noticed smoke coming from the floor area of the truck. When they stopped to check the vehicle, flames started coming from the engine compartment into the truck. The truck is registered to Gerald Welch of Bristol Septic Tank, Bristol, Tenn. Cause of the fire is not known, however, arson is not suspected.
TheftÊÊÊÊÊÊ * Vada L. Gardner, 42, 1253 Bluefield Ave., reported Wednesday to EPD Ptl. Jason McCall that her medication, a pack of cigarettes and $20 were taken from her purse, which had been under the coffee table in the living room of her apartment. Gardner said her purse had been under the table around 11 p.m., however, when she returned around 12:30 a.m., the purse had been moved to the love seat across the room. Approximately 35 hydrocodone pills were missing, however, several other bottles of medication were not disturbed. A friend's purse, which also was in the same location, was not disturbed. The door to the apartment had been left open all evening.
* Jamie Morrison, 21, 1201 Ledford St., reported Tuesday to CCSD Deputy Kenneth Cornett that her vehicle had been entered while parked at a friend's residence. About 30 CDs, a notebook, and a pack of cigarettes were found missing.
* Brian Scott Egolf, 20, 116 Happy Valley Road, Johnson City, reported Tuesday to CCSD Lt. Harvey Guess that someone had broken into his 1985 Buick Regal and stolen a CD player.
|Starhq.com © 2008-2011. All rights reserved. 300 N Sycamore St, Elizabethton, TN 37643|